Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!

We survived Sandy with nothing more than a minor leak in our dining room ceiling, which gave Matt an excuse to go out in the storm and devise a fix for it. I secretly think he enjoys this sort of thing. We were very lucky to have missed the brunt of the storm, although we were relieved to hear that school was back on today after two days straight of cancellations. Hank has been climbing the walls, literally.

Unfortunately the Halloween parade at school was cancelled (it is traditionally held outdoors on the main road) as was the annual event at our friends the Roe's but we are making do. The kids had a party in their classroom today and we are going out to burbs to trick or treat anyway. I for one can't bear to be in this house for a minute more than I need to after having been cooped up for 3 days straight!

Hank as Rocky...

Gus as a handyman.

We had a great weekend with auntie Alice and Uncle Brian. Gus and I joined them on a tour of the Capitol building which my people burned down in the war of 1812. Felt a bit guilty about that for the first time in my life. Anywho....






Next up, Granny Mac!

No comments:

Post a Comment