Friday, December 4, 2015

Identical or Not?

That is the question.  Believe it or not, we do not have a definitive answer on whether the girls are fraternal or identical twins.  Our doctors have always insisted that they are fraternal since they had separate sacs and placentas, but there is actually a one in three chance that they are identical.  You see, if the zygote splits early enough (within a few days of conception) then each embryo grows its own placenta and sac. Want me to drop some more twin knowledge?  Twin sisters are also known a sororal twins.

Since they have always looked different to me, I've never really questioned it, but over the past two months June and Dylan have started to look more and more alike. The fact that they are both girls and have red hair and share the same blood type made me even more suspicious. We decided that we should find out so I've done a DNA test to get a conclusive answer.  I'm still on team fraternal but what do you think?  PS - test results are due back December 18th...











No comments:

Post a Comment