Thursday, December 11, 2014

Well, we're waiting...

We have reached 36 weeks.  This is a triumph by all accounts and we consider ourselves very lucky to have had a such smooth sailing so far...

But we are ready.  We've run out of things to do to prepare for both the babies and for Christmas.  I'm not able to do much physically anymore so I spend most of my time sitting around hoping that the latest discomfort is the beginning of labor.   I watch a lot of TV.  I am beginning to lose my grip on my former busy and productive life...it seems like such a distant memory.  Did I really get up, shower and dress before 8am?  Did I work, take care of kids, go grocery shopping and go out for dinner at night?  Did we go away every other weekend?  This all seems crazy to me now.

Hank and Gus are eager for "Punch & Judy" to get here too.  Hank gave the twins their nicknames after reading Cecily G and the 9 Monkeys.  In the book, Curious George has 7 brothers and sisters and the twins are Punch and Judy. I swear the names are not related to the creepy puppets in Gone Girl.  I call the twins "Heartburn and Anxiety" - a nickname that I think may stick well into their teens.

When I asked the boys what the twins would look like they told me that they would have orange hair and indigo skin and would be very calm when they were born.  How creepy does that sound?!

Anyhoo - that's all I got for this week.  Hopefully my next post will include photos of two little girls who have pink skin, blue eyes, and respectable names :)


Gus' hair continues it's upward trajectory...


Kim Kardashian isn't the only one who can break the internet...

No comments:

Post a Comment